Monday, December 6, 2021

Almost

Almost

It was almost real,
But I would never know,
If we ever had a chance,
Or we were always just, almost there.

Here I wonder,
If we were ever a possibility, 
Or was it all just my imagination, 
Of something that was always meant to be almost. 

How I wished that instead
of it being an almost,
You had a chance to make me hate you,
It hurts more not knowing. 

Choosing to ignore,
the flashing billboards,
Telling me that this road will lead nowhere,
Yet I chose to walk it.

A beautiful path lined with pretty flowers,
But flowers I couldn't pick,
That I couldn't smell,
Flowers that I could only almost hold. 

The almost path which never ends,
Continued to be walked, 
Would mean that forever,
I would only almost reach. 

My heart breaks fully,
For something that never got a chance to happen, 
How silly it is to be hurt
about something that only almost was. 

Good but just almost good enough,
Attraction but just almost love,
More than a friend but just almost the one,
Only an option and forever just almost chosen. 

An almost have,
An almost could be,
Not nothing,
but never something. 

No comments: