Sunday, December 12, 2021

Your Love for You

God's love and self love. 

I am not religious nor was I ever raised to be and I can't say that I am attached to any particular religion. However, I have lots of faith that there is a higher power; God, The Universe, whatever you may call it wherever you may be and I love learning good values from every religion. If only the world stops fighting about who is right or wrong and realise that the real enemy is evil, and not what another person calls God and not what another person does to feel close to God. 

Anyway, I really wanted to write about self love today. No, not the narcissistic kind of self love. But the love yourself, your inner being and appreciate yourself for all that you are kind. 

I kinda made the connection today that feeling God's love is actually experiencing self love in a way. 
Imagine having so much faith in a higher power loving us, that's self love isn't it? 
We can't see God, no one could prove his existence, and yet we believe that he loves us, that's so beautiful but oddly enough we still struggle with loving our own selves. 
Self love is so important and it really is the difference between someone who feels lack and someone who feels abundant. 

When you struggle with loving yourself, just remember that God (or whatever you call Him), LOVES YOU. Sometimes we go through seasons where self love is difficult, but it may be much easier to believe that someone else, the all knowing higher power we call God, loves us despite what we may be going through. 

When I realised this, it led to this thought: God is in all of us right? Does this mean that our inner being, higher self is also ourselves? When God says he loves us, and he forgives us, he has our back, he has faith in us and he will never let us down, it also means that YOU should LOVE YOU and you should have faith in you that you could get through anything that life throws at you. 

Sometimes it's hard to feel that anyone believes in you, but what really matters is that God believes in you, and hence you believe in yourself and that is all that is needed to walk this beautiful journey called life. 

Therefore, when you are treading in the waters of self doubt, remember that God believes in you, God loves you which is your bridge to believing that you believe in you and that you love you too. 

Here is a song that I would love to share with you in hopes that it will help with your journey of self love. You may replace the word "Father" with whatever suits you and your beliefs and I'm sure you'll be able to relate to it. 

Mack Brock - I Am Loved

Just as I am You welcome me With open arms How can this be My guilt is undone My past is untethered I leave it behind And run to my Father There is no disappointment in Your eyes There is no shame there is only pride I am loved Father I’m loved by You So unreserved Your heart for me My fear is gone I am set free There’s nothing to hide There’s nothing to measure ‘Cause I am Your child And that’s all that matters There is no disappointment in Your eyes There is no shame there is only pride I am loved Father I’m loved by You There is no distance in Your embrace Over and over again You say I am loved Father I’m loved by You You are changing everything You are changing everything I believe it I receive it You are changing everything


Lots of love from me to you,
Evie 💗











No comments: