Thursday, April 28, 2022

Lessons from Adversity

Feeling like a failure has taught me that failing is only temporary, but can be permanent if we let our minds imprison us. 

Anxiety has taught me not to belittle any hardship someone goes through no matter how small it seems to be.

Getting teased for being fat has taught me that mean words don't help anyone be a better version of themselves but contributes to the destruction of that person from the inside out.

Being poor has taught me that everything always works out in the end.

Poor health has taught me to be more in tuned to my body and that good health is truly priceless.

Being in stressful situations has taught me that mental health is above everything else.

Dealing with rude people has taught me that kindness is always a choice. 

Meeting a selfish person has taught me that selfishness is actually living in fear. 

Being judged has taught me that I do not truly know everything about a person and what they are going through.

Heartbreak has taught me that I didn't love myself enough and placed my happiness in another person's hands. 

Hard times have taught me that any moment or situation is all about perspective. 

Resentment has taught me that I was punishing myself all along for someone else's actions.

Frustration has taught me that I have let my ego mind take over my perspective on things far too many times by needing everyone or every situation to act out as how I expect them to be. 

Fear has taught me to be a safe space for everyone who comes to me. 

The lack of confidence has taught me that I didn't believe in myself enough. 

Internal turmoil has taught me to be the peace that everyone searches for. 

Paranoia has taught me that it is mostly my mind creating problems for myself. 

Not getting everything I want has taught me to cherish what I do have. 

Being on the receiving end of empty promises has taught me to fulfill all promises made or never make one. 

Anger has taught me that no one makes me angry if I don't allow it. 

Sadness has taught me that letting go with faith is always best.

Unpleasant situations have taught me that there is a higher purpose for every experience. 

Disappointment has taught me that not everyone will behave the way we want them too and that is ok. 

Trauma has taught me that I didn't have to hold on to it in order to have an identity. 

Most importantly, adversities have helped me learn that healing doesn't mean forgetting, it just means remembering something but no longer with the unhealthy emotions attached to it. 

No comments: