Sunday, November 7, 2021

Blessings

In huge contrast to my post on anxiety, I shall write something on a more positive note. Gotta balance things out ya know? 😉

I'm not always that emo but I AM human and it is only human to have waves of different emotions at different times. In the words of the wise Ronan Keating, "Life is a Rollercoaster" 😂

Blessings are in abundance. You, me, your neighbour, and that fella in Timbuktu are given many blessings in life. They're there, it's just that, a blessing is only a blessing when you notice it. When you acknowledge it. When you are grateful for it. 

I'm not a religious person so I won't speak in the context of religion. I do believe in a higher power and that all roads lead to one so interpret these however you wish. 

When we're feeling like we have it bad financially, do we realise that we have it way better than someone with no food? 

When we're feeling lonely because we haven't found THE ONE, do we realise that the universe has given us other people who care for us? Maybe they're not right next to you now, or heck maybe you haven't even met them yet. But THERE ARE people who want the best for you, they don't have to tell you that, you just have to REALISE it. 

When we feel sad that we don't have a nicer home or a luxurious lifestyle, someone out there is willing to sell a kidney in exchange for the bed you sleep on, the chair you sit on, the soft blanket you have or the clean water you drink every day. 

I could list down 1001 more examples of how blessed we truly are, but if you don't get it by now, then maybe you have lots of inner work of gratitude to do. 

Gratitude is kinda my main motto in life. With gratitude you can possibly overcome anything. 

In fact, with gratitude YOU HAVE EVERYTHING. Get it?

Having gratitude will also align you and your energy with all the good things in life. 

So, if today you're feeling down about stuff not going the way you want, try redirecting your thoughts to things you are grateful for. Because I KNOW you have an awesome life and a crazy amount of blessings. 

You've got this!

Love, 

Evie

No comments: