Saturday, November 6, 2021

The Many Kinds of LOVE

Love love love, so many types of love. But yet just the word love doesn't have enough depth to do the different types of love justice. 


I love the sunset
I love strawberries
I love my mum
I love my dog
I love saying good morning
I love my new shoes
I love little babies
I love the sincere smiles from a child
I love the feeling of newly changed bedsheets
I love sleeping in rainy weather
I love the taste of a bowl of hot soup
I love the feeling of being cared for
I love that special someone
I love knowing I am loved
I love seeing new places
I love giving gifts
I love my best friend


All these different kinds of love, when you read each one of them, they feel different right? But we only use the word LOVE. We use the same word for all of them but yet, they all feel so different. Heck, even saying I love you to different people we love is a different feeling. 

I think we can all agree that love for a romantic partner is definitely NOT THE SAME as love for sunsets. But we can all agree that love, regardless, is just beautiful. The word love itself radiates with positive energy and vibrations. 

The purest and most unconditional love you could possibly have is a love from a child. I don't mean only your own child, but just any child. Anyone who knows me knows my love for children is undeniable. I don't have children of my own so this becomes a blessing to all my nephews and nieces. LOL. And I can say that I, have been blessed with having nephews and nieces. 

You see, I've come to realise this that when a child is comfortable to walk up to you, talk to you and most importantly, they WANT to play with you, there you have love from a child. A child's love is so sincere because children never hide their feelings. Their faces are an exact reflection of how they are currently feeling. Adults on the other hand, hmm don't get me started. hehe. 
So if you have a child laughing and smiling with you, that's love right there. 

The only sad thing is that children don't keep. They grow up fast and then time seems to have just zoomed past you while you weren't paying attention. 

This reminds me of a quote that really messed with my brain that says something along the lines of: Have you ever realized that there was a final and last time you picked your child up, put them down, and then never carried them ever again?

OMG that messed with me bad, and I don't even have my own kids. 😂

Love love love, I am filled with it! Sometimes I think God gave me a little too much! I have so much love to give to this world! Or maybe I'm just being over the top...


So if there's one thing you want to do right today, give those extra hugs and kisses to people you love!


Always with lots of love,

-Evie


**This post was inspired by my friend Roberto Suarez from El Salvador who was describing to me the different types of love phrases in Spanish. In his own words, English is cold. 😂






No comments: